- 1 pound beets, cooked and sliced
- 3 orange peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup walnuts (35 g)
- 3 tablespoons orange juice (45 ml)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (5 ml)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil extra-virgin olive oil (45 ml)
- 2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano (57 g)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Pat beets dry.
- Arrange beets and orange slices in an attractive overlapping
pattern on a large serving platter or on individual plates.
- Toast walnust in a preheated 350° F (175° C) oven until light golden brown,
about 10 minutes.
- Chop finely and sprinkle over the beets and oranges.
- Whisk together orange juice, lemon juice and salt.
- Add oil in a thin, steady stream, wisking constantly.
- Pour dressing over salad.
- Make 1/2 cup (57g) of thin slivers of Parmigiano-reggiano with a vegetable
- Scatter over the salad. Season with pepper and serve immediately.